tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Chris Cheshire <cchesh...@bigredwire.com>
Subject serializable class not persisting (updated)
Date Mon, 05 May 2003 22:10:39 GMT
Yoav, Filip, Charlie, thanks for the answers so far.

To make matters more interesting, the problem disappears completely when
I use a Vector of that object instead of an array. The class has been
moved back into the hierachy for the webapp and it persists properly.
Why is this? I thought arrays were serializable as long as the
underlying class is serializable.

I have about another 20 classes that this app will use that already
utilize arrays heavily, instead of vectors. Does this mean I am SOL and
have to convert all of these so proper session serialization willl work?

Chris