tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Andrew Geery <>
Subject Re: Extreme Newbie Question about using classes in Tomcat 4.1.24
Date Mon, 05 May 2003 20:48:41 GMT
Kevin Pond wrote:

>This tutorial directs me to create a class and put it in the engine's
>ClassPath.  My basic question is: where is this classpath?
The classpath/classloader is described in this document:

>What I think would be instructive for me and a lot of newbies would be
>someone could just get the tutorial example to work and then provide a
>detailed list of the steps required to get it to work.  I realize that
>asking a lot, and I appreciate any help anyone can give.
Luckily, Tomcat comes with a number of JSP and servlet examples -- there
are links to them off of the root index.jsp page (if you're running
Tomcat locally, it should be: http://localhost:8080/index.jsp). All of
the code and configuration for these examples is available as part of
your Tomcat distribution. The best place to start learning about JSPs
and servlets is with a working example that you can modify.

You might also want to take a look at Tomcat's Application Developer's Guide

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message