tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jim Lynch <...@sgi.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat Stops
Date Mon, 05 May 2003 17:08:01 GMT
Check your syslog.  I had a similar problem when I neglected to provide
adequate swap space and/or insufficient memory.  Java eats memory big
time.  I ended up adding another 256 Meg of memory and allotting a GB of
swap and that corrected the problem.

Jim.

Steve Ellis wrote:

> Hi all, I'm testing Tomcat 4.1.18-LE on Red Hat Linux release 7.2 with the J2RE. I've
followed all the standard configuration steps and am able to get it to run fine. Unfortunately
Tomcat stops without warning (or apparently any log messages) several times a day. Restarting
fixes the problem, but obviously we'd like to have it be a bit more stable. I noticed some
traffic about this last year in the archive, but no one posted a resolution. We are running
Apache on the same server and I'm thinking there could be some kind of conflict, but nothing
I've read says Appache should be stopped. The Tomcat and Apache ports are not shared. Any
help would be much appreciated. Steve