tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Scott Reynolds <>
Subject Re: Setting Tomcat to run as a service with recovery settings to restart if the service stops.
Date Fri, 30 May 2003 16:48:08 GMT
I have this at the bottom of my startup.bat file:

  if exist %CATALINA_HOME%\bin\running.txt goto run

And this at the bottom of my shutdown.bat file:

  if exist %CATALINA_HOME%\bin\running.txt del %CATALINA_HOME%\bin\running.txt
  call "%EXECUTABLE%" stop %CMD_LINE_ARGS%

That way if Tomcat crashes, or stops for any reason other than being stopped by
shutdown.bat, it gets restarted by the startup.bat file.

Scott Reynolds

--- Mark Andrews <> wrote:
> Hello,
> I am looking into some problems we are having with our current
> jakarta-tomcat installation running as a service. I need to set the
> recovers settings for the service when it fails / crashes. I would like
> to set this at install time. Is there any way that you know of to do
> this, and or can you point me in the right direction.
> Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.
> Thanks
> // MjA

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: