tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jason Bainbridge <ja...@jblinux.org>
Subject Re: remote restart of server
Date Fri, 30 May 2003 08:48:04 GMT
On Fri, 30 May 2003 07:41, mde wrote:
> Hi all,
>   This is probably an OS question, not a Tomcat one, but possibly some of
> you may have had to do this. I have tomcat 4.1.24 running on a Win2K server
> on which I have partial access, meaning that tomcat's base directory has
> been shared to me.
<SNIP>
> If I run startup.sh from the
> shared drive, it just starts up my local version of tomcat because it's
> treating that share just like another drive on my computer.

Is that a typo? You say it is running on a remote Win2K server so it would be
startup.bat wouldn't it not startup.sh?

I don't think running the file from your machine from the network share is
going to work if you did manage to get it to work somehow then it would still
be running on your actual machine.

I gather you can't get any access beyond the network share? You really need to
get some control on the actual machine eg. Citrix, Termincal Services, PC
Anywhere, VNC, privileges to remotely manage it so you can restart the NT
service or even maybe Telnet or SSH but I haven't tried those in a Windows
environment.

Again anything that you run from the network share will just have the effect
of running it on your local machine as I don't believe there is any way you
can make the current working directory aware of the machine name.

Regards,
--
Jason Bainbridge
KDE Web Team - http://kde.org