tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jason Bainbridge <ja...@jblinux.org>
Subject Re: Firebird|Tomcat "java.sql.SQLException: Cannot load JDBC driver class 'null'"
Date Tue, 27 May 2003 21:11:08 GMT
On Sat, 24 May 2003 06:53, Rob Casteen wrote:

You need this first:

<Resource name="jdbc/TestDB" auth="Container"
	type="javax.sql.DataSource"/>

> ***************Server.xml additions:
>     <ResourceParams name="TestDB">

Should be <ResourceParams name="jdbc/TestDB">

> <value>jdbc:firebirdsql:localhost/3050:C:\\Firebird\\DBcontain\\JAVATEST.FD
>B</value> </parameter>

That doesn't look right, I would have expected it to be something like
jdbc:firebirdsql:localhost:3050/JAVATEST although if you are using the
intermediary driver I could be wrong, I'd look it up but I'm in the middle of
building KDE and Konqueror is currently borked.

You will also need to use the jdbc/TestDB name to reference the DataSource as
well.

Regards,
--
Jason Bainbridge