tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Bikash Paul <bikashpaul_2...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: Tomcat4.1.14 not working as a NT service??
Date Tue, 27 May 2003 06:01:15 GMT
Hi,

Iam trying to write file from my WinNT4.0 computer on
which Tomcat is running as a service on my network
computer's "D:\"
directory(\\192.168.3.2\d\weft3.zip)through my swing
interface.Then it is giving me below error in my
servlet log file.Plz help me Iam facing this problem
for last one month but till now I couldn't find any
proper solution of it.Eagerly waiting for some one
reply.

2003-05-27 11:16:03
StandardWrapperValve[RecvServlet_data]:
Servlet.service() for servlet RecvServlet_data threw
exception<br>
java.io.FileNotFoundException:
\\192.168.3.2\d\weft3.zip (Access is denied)
	at java.io.FileOutputStream.open(Native Method
	at
java.io.FileOutputStream.<init>(FileOutputStream.java:102)
	at
java.io.FileOutputStream.<init>(FileOutputStream.java:62)
	at
java.io.FileOutputStream.<init>(FileOutputStream.java:132)

Regards
Bikash

--- "Longley, Andrew" <andrew.longley@mindflow.com>
wrote:
> Bikash,
>
> Besides the other poster who suggested you look at
> the permission level
> of the user you are running the service as, can you
> verify that you have
> included all the classes you need in your classpath?
>  And that you have
> included any additional Windows dlls and so forth in
> the path?
> Regarding the classpath, there is doco on the
> classloader which
> specifies locations that Tomcat automatically polls
> for jar files and
> classes.  If you have classes or jars in other
> locations, or that are
> not of type .class or .jar, you may need to add them
> explicitly to the
> -Djava.class.path parameter.  If you have additional
> Windows dlls, you
> can specify a -path parameter and include them.
> These are generally the
> reasons I've found that Tomcat as a service does not
> run properly, when
> running from the command line works fine.  I don't
> believe Tomcat as a
> service does not inherit any user classpath or path
> variables.  If in
> doubt, add them in, and see if it helps.
>
> And you don't need to keep uninstalling and
> reinstalling the service.
> You can edit the service in the registry, if you're
> careful.
>
> Regards,
> Andrew

-Djava.class.path="d:\Tomcat\jakarta-tomcat-4.1.24\bin\bootstrap.jar"