tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jason Bainbridge <ja...@jblinux.org>
Subject Re: configuration issue
Date Mon, 26 May 2003 07:25:54 GMT
On Mon, 26 May 2003 11:56, William Richardson wrote:
> I have a DNS service called DYNU.  I use that for remote desktop and FTP
> and stuff like that.  I know the service works fine b/c I have used it
> MANY times, but when I try to put in http://wdwr.dynu.com (which is my
> domain for dynu), it doesn't work.  This is all I had to do to get it
> work for IIS, but tomcat is obviously different.  Again, any help would
> be greatly appreciated!!

Accessing  http://wdwr.dynu.com would only look for services running on port
80, where Tomcat by default listens on port 8080.

You have a few options, you can setup DYNU to point to 8080 (if they do that,
I use dyns.cx and they do), you can access your machine by finding out your
current dynamic IP (your modem probably has a status page for this) then use
http://your.ip.here:8080 or if you don't have any other servers running on
port 80 then you can go into $TOMCAT_HOME\conf\server.xml and change 8080 to
80.

REgards,
--
Jason Bainbridge