tomcat-users mailing list archives

From " mde" <>
Subject Re: network adapter could not establish connection: error with oracle
Date Wed, 21 May 2003 15:04:16 GMT
PRoblem solved. turns out the tnsnames.ora information differed between the two machines. one
had the fully qualified domain name, the other didn't...and I was using names instead of ips
in the server.xml file.

Serves me right.

From: " mde" <>
Date:  Wed, 21 May 2003 10:25:19 -0400

>As an addendum, I'm getting the same error when I try using the jstl <sql:...> tags,
so I'm confident that the problem is not in the jndi or in the url/user/password information.
>Could this be some sort of authentication problem? Or a problem with java 1.4.0?
>From: " mde" <>
>Date:  Wed, 21 May 2003 10:00:47 -0400
>>Hi all,
>>  I've just installed 4.1.24 on a different machine running win2K with j2sdk 1.4.0.
I tried installing tomcat as a service, but it fails to work, so I have to start up tomcat
using the start menu (i don't know if this is important).
>>  I've added the correct jndi information to server.xml, restarted, and attempted
to connect to two oracle databases. Both times, I get a "network adapter could not establish
connection" error.
>>  Net8 is installed on this server, and I can connect to the database from this machine
using sqlplus.
>>  I have successfully installed tomcat 4.1.24 with the same jndi information on a
different machine. the differences between the successful machine adn the unsuccessful one
are that  the successful machine runs winxp and j2sdk1.4.1, whereas the unsuccessful machine
runs 1.4.0 and win2k.
>>  Any ideas what can cause this?
>>To unsubscribe, e-mail:
>>For additional commands, e-mail: