tomcat-users mailing list archives

From " mde" <forw...@mail.thesmithconnection.net>
Subject Re: network adapter could not establish connection: error with oracle
Date Wed, 21 May 2003 14:25:19 GMT
As an addendum, I'm getting the same error when I try using the jstl <sql:...> tags,
so I'm confident that the problem is not in the jndi or in the url/user/password information.

Could this be some sort of authentication problem? Or a problem with java 1.4.0?

-M

From: " mde" <forward@mail.thesmithconnection.net>
Date:  Wed, 21 May 2003 10:00:47 -0400

>Hi all,
>  I've just installed 4.1.24 on a different machine running win2K with j2sdk 1.4.0. I
tried installing tomcat as a service, but it fails to work, so I have to start up tomcat using
the start menu (i don't know if this is important).
>  I've added the correct jndi information to server.xml, restarted, and attempted to connect
to two oracle databases. Both times, I get a "network adapter could not establish connection"
error.

>  Net8 is installed on this server, and I can connect to the database from this machine
using sqlplus.

>  I have successfully installed tomcat 4.1.24 with the same jndi information on a different
machine. the differences between the successful machine adn the unsuccessful one are that
 the successful machine runs winxp and j2sdk1.4.1, whereas the unsuccessful machine runs 1.4.0
and win2k.