tomcat-users mailing list archives

From " mde" <forw...@mail.thesmithconnection.net>
Subject network adapter could not establish connection: error with oracle
Date Wed, 21 May 2003 14:00:47 GMT
Hi all,
  I've just installed 4.1.24 on a different machine running win2K with j2sdk 1.4.0. I tried
installing tomcat as a service, but it fails to work, so I have to start up tomcat using the
start menu (i don't know if this is important).
  I've added the correct jndi information to server.xml, restarted, and attempted to connect
to two oracle databases. Both times, I get a "network adapter could not establish connection"
error.

  Net8 is installed on this server, and I can connect to the database from this machine using
sqlplus.

  I have successfully installed tomcat 4.1.24 with the same jndi information on a different
machine. the differences between the successful machine adn the unsuccessful one are that
 the successful machine runs winxp and j2sdk1.4.1, whereas the unsuccessful machine runs 1.4.0
and win2k.

  Any ideas what can cause this?

Thanks.

-M