tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Bikash Paul <bikashpaul_2...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: Tomcat4.1.14 not working as a NT service??
Date Fri, 16 May 2003 04:36:02 GMT
Hi,

First of all I couldn't understand what do u mean by
"what user the service is running as" and second is I
have checked with FileObject using canRead() and
canWrite() it is returning "is writeable" and "is
readable" from my network computer from where my user
trying to write file.I have installed Tomcat as a
service in my WinNT4.0 server and I want to write file
from my network computer in my WinNT4.0 computer on
which Tomcat is running as service for that I have
used client interface(swing) and server
side(servlet).If I run Tomcat as a stand alone means
from Dos-prompt through batch file then my user can
write file in my WinNT4.0 computer perfectly.Plz guide
me how I can slove my problem.

Regards
Bikash
--- "Mayne, Peter" <PeterMayne@ap.spherion.com> wrote:
> Check what user the service is running as. Then
> check if that user has
> permissions to write files to the destination.
>
> PJDM
> --
> Peter Mayne
> Technology Consultant
> Spherion Technology Solutions
> Level 1, 243 Northbourne Avenue, Lyneham, ACT, 2602
> T: 61 2 62689727  F: 61 2 62689777

-Djava.class.path="d:\Tomcat\jakarta-tomcat-4.1.24\bin\bootstrap.jar"