tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Matt Koss <m.k...@open.ac.uk>
Subject dynamic class loading problem in 4.1.24
Date Thu, 15 May 2003 11:48:44 GMT

I am trying to upgrade from tomcat 4.0.6 to 4.1.24
Suddenly I experience problem with a classloader behaviour.

My web application uses a library A.jar and in runtime loads class from the
file plugin.jar.
With 4.0.x I put the file A.jar into common/lib directory and everything
worked ok. Servlet class from A.jar was loaded at the beginning and then
plugin.jar was dynamically loaded.

With 4.1.24 the classes from A.jar are not visible when loading plugin.jar ( I
am using JarClassLoader class) and I have to put A.jar into the central
"jre/lib/ext" directory.

This is somehow not acceptable, but I would really like to stick with 4.1.24.

Any advice ?

Thanks

Matt

--