tomcat-users mailing list archives

From krip pane <jkrp...@yahoo.com>
Subject tomcat performance troubleshooting
Date Tue, 13 May 2003 19:52:35 GMT
All,

I'm running tomcat 4.1.18 as a standalone webserver
(solaris 2.8), which has a application server and a
datbase server at the backend.

user opens a session -> logs into webserver (business
logic resides on the application server) -> user runs
a query against db server

 I would like to measure how long a particular request
takes roundtrip from the web server to app server and
back.

Will changing the debug value to 9 in the connector
class name give me enough information? Will it log in
the access log file or somewhere else?
Are there any tools to do this kind of testing?