tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Michael Gerdau" <...@technosis.de>
Subject Re: struts in tomcat
Date Tue, 13 May 2003 13:38:25 GMT
>I had created the simplest application as possible, but I still get
>a HTTP 500 error (org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Missing message
>for key index.title).
>
>The ApplicationResources.properties file and
>ApplicationResources_pt-br.properties (portuguese Brazil, the language
>wich is configured my OS) are on WEB-INF/classes directory.
>The struts.jar file is also on WEB-INF/lib directory and in my CLASSPATH.
>The web.xml and struts-config.xml are with default settings (I had copied
>from JDeveloper).

Your web.xml certainly has an entry pointing to your application
resources, has it ?!?

E.g. for your ApplicationResources.properties being located
at in the WEB-INF/classes/foo/bar/fum directory you'd have

  <!-- Action Servlet Configuration -->
  <servlet>
    <servlet-name>action</servlet-name>
    <init-param>
      <param-name>application</param-name>
      <param-value>foo.bar.fum.ApplicationResources</param-value>
    </init-param>
  </servlet>

Replace "..." by whatever additional settings you might require.

Best,
Michael
--
 Vote against SPAM - see http://www.politik-digital.de/spam/