tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Michael Gerdau" <>
Subject Re: struts in tomcat
Date Tue, 13 May 2003 13:38:25 GMT
>I had created the simplest application as possible, but I still get
>a HTTP 500 error (org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Missing message
>for key index.title).
>The file and
> (portuguese Brazil, the language
>wich is configured my OS) are on WEB-INF/classes directory.
>The struts.jar file is also on WEB-INF/lib directory and in my CLASSPATH.
>The web.xml and struts-config.xml are with default settings (I had copied
>from JDeveloper).

Your web.xml certainly has an entry pointing to your application
resources, has it ?!?

E.g. for your being located
at in the WEB-INF/classes/foo/bar/fum directory you'd have

  <!-- Action Servlet Configuration -->

Replace "..." by whatever additional settings you might require.

 Vote against SPAM - see
 Michael Gerdau       email:
 ATM and Windows: Great Fonts on the Free!
 GPG/PGP-keys available on request or at public keyserver

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message