tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Ben Ricker <>
Subject Re: Problem with relative links when migrating a site to Tomcat
Date Tue, 13 May 2003 17:09:52 GMT
One possible kludge is to put a symbolic link (not sure what OS you are using)
from /images to /path/to/docbase/images. Should not affect security, as far
as I can tell (others may say differently).

Ben Ricker

On Tuesday 13 May 2003 12:11 pm, Angelov, Rossen wrote:
> Hi everyone,
> I'm trying to migrate a working site from iPlanet to Tomcat.
> I thought, it won't be difficult, but I have problems with the relative
> links. All images and other links are related to the root directory on the
> current site. Like: "/images/image.gif". So, it's looking for the images
> directory in the root for Tomcat while I need it to check in the
> corresponding docBase directory in the context.
> Is there a way I can reconfigure this context in Tomcat or the only
> solution will be removing the front "/" everywhere in the html files?
> Ross

 12:08:35 up 4 days,  3:53,  1 user,  load average: 0.24, 0.33, 0.30
bricker  :0        08:33   ?xdm?  58:54   0.06s -:0

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message