tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Keith Cheng <mr...@yahoo.com>
Subject what is the rule of added jsession into the url or cookie?
Date Tue, 13 May 2003 07:57:00 GMT
Hi all,

I am confuse about where does Tomcat put the jsession, url or cookie?

I know that if the "privacy" has been set to the highest one, i.e.
blocks all
cookie, Tomcat will put the jsession into url.  For normal cases
(medium
privacy settings and cookie should be allowed), however, I found that
Tomcat
sometimes puts jsession into cookie and sometimes it puts it in the url
with
the same browser, same setting.

Does anyone have similar observation?

One more question: if I see "jsession" in the url, does it mean that
Tomcat
will NOT put the jsession in "cookie", or it will still put the same
"jsession"
into cookie if it can?

I am using Tomcat 4.1.12 (actually is jboss-3.0.4_tomcat-4.1.12).

Thx!

Cheers,
-- Keith Cheng