tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Alex Burton <alex_ep...@yahoo.com>
Subject Tomcat 4.1 on Redhat 7.3 or AS 2.1 will not start when SSL turned on
Date Tue, 13 May 2003 07:36:13 GMT
 Hi all,

We have a major problem with running SSL in Tomcat 4.1
on Redhat Linux 7.3 and Advanced Server 2.1 when using
SSH to connect to the box

Basically... when ever we want to start Tomcat
remotely (through SSH) on the box with SSL enabled we
need to jiggle the mouse and/or keyboard for the SSL
conector to finish starting up... this is a bit of a
hassle in the office (server down stairs...) but will
be unacceptable when we push the box into a hosted
premises...

Strangely... the Java keytool appears to have the same
problem...

Exact Specs:
* Sun Java 1.4.1_02 SDK (also happens with JRockit
8.0)
* Tomcat 4.1.18
* Redhat 7.3 and/or Redhat AS 2.1 (works fine on
Redhat 8+)
* WWW on port 80, SSL on 443
* Starting using root user (bit had same problem with
tomcat4 user)

server.xml fragment:

    <Connector
className="org.apache.coyote.tomcat4.CoyoteConnector"
               port="443" minProcessors="5"
maxProcessors="75"
               enableLookups="true"
	       acceptCount="100" debug="0" scheme="https"
secure="true"
               useURIValidationHack="false"
disableUploadTimeout="true">
  	<Factory
className="org.apache.coyote.tomcat4.CoyoteServerSocketFactory"
clientAuth="false" protocol="TLS"
keystorePass="password" />
    </Connector>