tomcat-users mailing list archives

From venu <venu_...@yahoo.com>
Subject Is sessiontimeout for tomcat4.0.4 not more that 30 mins
Date Mon, 12 May 2003 07:14:49 GMT
Hi..

Iam working on email system for which
   iam using
   1. tomcat4.0.4
   2. Javamail api
   3. servlets

   I need the sessiontimeout set to 4 hours.

   I already set in my servlets as
       session.setMaxInactiveInterval(14400);// 4
hours

   as well as in web.xml file as
    <session-config>
       <session-timeout>240</session-timeout>
    </session-config>

   Eventhough i set in both ways my session is
   expiring after 30 mins(the default sessiontimeout
for tomcat)

   Please, let me know how i could achieve
   4 hours for my sessiontimeout.

   Is tomcat4.0.4 not supporting sessiontimeout
   more than 30 mins ???

   I'll will be thankful to them who responds me
   quickly as this is too urgent.

   thanks.
   venu.