tomcat-users mailing list archives

From cont...@abilsoft.com
Subject Re: Form and ENCTYPE=multipart/form-data
Date Thu, 15 May 2003 19:12:23 GMT

I'm actually aware of those classes and the Jakarta commons equivalents.  My question is not
about processing the data once the servlet gets it - rather it's about getting it to the servlet!
 You see, whenever I add the ENCTYPE tag, the form seems to magically stop sending any of
it parameters to the servlet?  I'm sure I'm missing some small thing - but I cannot find it
yet.  Any thoughts?

---------Original Meassage---------

Check out the MultipartFilter and MultipartRequest classes and other documentation at http://www.servlets.com/cos/index.html.
This seems to be the defacto method of uploading files using Servlets. Works for me. Only
caveat is that there's a hard-coded 1MB file limit... I had to go into the source code and
increase it for my purposes, but wasn't hard.