tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Nadia Kunkov" <nad...@parkerglobal.com>
Subject RE: connection pooling setup
Date Mon, 12 May 2003 17:53:08 GMT
Hi,
Thank you so much for your tips.
One more question, I'm wondering if this gives me a capability to set up some time intervals
according to which my pool manager will check if connections are active and recycle them if
they are not.  Does Tomcat have this capability? ( is there something like pool manager?)
All the examples just show how to set up and obtain the connection through this new datasource,
but there is nothing about how to explicitly use this pool to check for stale connections
and such.
Plese, let me know where I can find this.

Thanks again for your help.

Nadia

-----Original Message-----
From: Richard Dunn [mailto:richard.dunn@arkona.com]
Sent: Monday, May 05, 2003 9:46 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: connection pooling setup

> Hi, I'm using Tomkat 4.0.4 and  I'd like to enable/set up connection
> pooling. How is done? Where should I start? Were is the documentation for
> that? I appreciate your help

http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.1-doc/jndi-datasource-examples-howto.html
might be a good start. This is for the 4.1.x version of Tomcat but you might
find some good hints here that will work for 4.0.x.

Or, you might consider upgrading to the 4.1.24. I know the connection pooling
works fine there.