tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "MONKANGWO ONZUO Blanche (BMB)" <Blanche.MONKANGWO.ON...@proximus.net>
Subject RE: Tomcat is only picking up requests from the localhost address 127 .0.0.1.
Date Tue, 20 May 2003 14:27:31 GMT
Thank a lot.

It helps me a lot and I reached another problem that was:

I intalled the executable version (with automatical install ).
When connecting to my PC it was lauched automatically.
So when trying to start it manually, it is like lauching it for the
second time
And it gave me another error message.
I uninstall the executable version and I install a zip version and it is
ok now.

Thanks a lot,
Blanche M.O.

-----Original Message-----
From: John Turner [mailto:tomcat-user@johnturner.com]
Sent: Tuesday, May 20, 2003 2:30 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: Tomcat is only picking up requests from the localhost
address 127 .0.0.1.

Tomcat, by default, is configured to listen only to "localhost".
Localhost
is 127.0.0.1.  If you want Tomcat to listen on other interfaces or FQDN,

you will need to configure it to do so.  Check the docs for information
on
configuring Tomcat's CoyoteConnector, and also for information on
configuring virtual hosts.  Out of the box, Tomcat has only one virtual
host: localhost.

John

On Tue, 20 May 2003 11:26:19 +0100, Kerrigan, Philip
<philip.kerrigan@eds.com> wrote:

> Tomcat is only picking up requests from the localhost address
> 127.0.0.1.
>
> I have a Win2000 SP3 OS (Italian language), JVM 1.4.1_02, Tomcat
> 4.1.24,
> and
> 2 interfaces. 1 is a Realtek 10/100 Ethernet (192.168.10.4), the other
is
> a linksys WiFi (10.10.10.1). I installed Jetspeed and discovered that
> could
> not access Tomcat over the network, but that from the PC I could still

> use the localhost address. Note. ping and file sharing work over the
WiFi
> interface,
> so it is not a network connection problem. I can not access Tomcat
using
> these
> IP addresses even from the LOCAL host.
>
> I also tried with the WiFi adapter unplugged (I did not disinstall the

> software however) and it still did not work.
>
> Is this a known problem, or have I made a mistake in configuration?
> Can anybody give advice on further action? The logfile had no useful
> information.
>

> distinti saluti/best regards
> Philip Kerrigan, Solutions Consulting
> tel +39 02-52029884
> mobile: +39 335-780-5151
>
> EDS Italia SpA
> Via Medici del Vascello, 26
> 20138 Milano
> ITALY

**** DISCLAIMER ****

"This e-mail and any attachment thereto may contain information which is confidential and/or
protected by intellectual property rights and are intended for the sole use of the recipient(s)
named above.
Any use of the information contained herein (including, but not limited to, total or partial
reproduction, communication or distribution in any form) by other persons than the designated
recipient(s) is prohibited.
If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender either by telephone or
by e-mail and delete the material from any computer".

Thank you for your cooperation.

For further information about Proximus mobile phone services please see our website at http://www.proximus.be
or refer to any Proximus agent.