tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Gareth Lawrence" <gar...@mediasculpt.com>
Subject Java VM File Encoding on Windows
Date Thu, 01 May 2003 15:42:22 GMT
Greetings All,

Was wondering if somebody could help me change my file.encoding on windows 2000.  Running
SDK  1.4.1 and Tomcat 4.0.1 .... another application (OpenCMS) is giving me the message below,
but I have tried setting a CATALINA_OPTS system variable (just like JAVA_HOME) as specified
(and to -Dfile.encoding=UTF-8) and restarting Tomcat without luck. Tomcat seems to run fine
btw, eg the examples all go ...

Any suggestions would be greatly welcome :-)

Awesome, Z.

Error: the encoding of your Java VM is different from the OpenCms encoding!
  Java VM file encoding:Cp1252
  OpenCms encoding:ISO-8859-1
To continue the setup process: Change the encoding of your Java VM. To do that you must modify
the
file.encoding setting. Using Apache Tomcat, a different encoding can be set
in the environment variable CATALINA_OPTS by the -D parameter e.g.:
CATALINA_OPTS=-Dfile.encoding=ISO-8859-1 "