tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Steve Ellis" <st...@changesciences.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat Stops
Date Mon, 05 May 2003 19:05:33 GMT
Jim, Yoav, Thanks for your help. I'm in the process of trying both of your
suggestions. I'll get back to the group with the solution.
Steve

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jim Lynch" <jwl@sgi.com>
To: "Tomcat Users List" <tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Monday, May 05, 2003 1:08 PM
Subject: Re: Tomcat Stops

> Check your syslog.  I had a similar problem when I neglected to provide
> adequate swap space and/or insufficient memory.  Java eats memory big
> time.  I ended up adding another 256 Meg of memory and allotting a GB of
> swap and that corrected the problem.
>
> Jim.
>
> Steve Ellis wrote:
> >
> > Hi all, I'm testing Tomcat 4.1.18-LE on Red Hat Linux release 7.2 with
the J2RE. I've followed all the standard configuration steps and am able to
get it to run fine. Unfortunately Tomcat stops without warning (or
apparently any log messages) several times a day. Restarting fixes the
problem, but obviously we'd like to have it be a bit more stable. I noticed
some traffic about this last year in the archive, but no one posted a
resolution. We are running Apache on the same server and I'm thinking there
could be some kind of conflict, but nothing I've read says Appache should be
stopped. The Tomcat and Apache ports are not shared. Any help would be much
appreciated. Steve