tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Marco Bucciarelli" <m...@edp-progetti.it>
Subject Avoid session expiration if some class changes
Date Fri, 23 May 2003 16:30:37 GMT
Is there a way to tell Tomcat4 (4.1.18) not to kill a session after changes in the classes
under WEB-INF/classes or WEB-INF/lib?
I set the reloadable="true" parameter under the context tag in server.xml, to tell Tomcat
to see if a class has changed. This works fine but I get a session expiration for all the
users browsing that context at that time.
It would be nice to have servlets and JavaBeans behave similar to jsps, which are recompiled
but do not cause a session expiration.
Is this possible?
Is it also possible to have a class reload if I change the jars in collon/lib or shared/lib,
without a Tomcat restart?

Thanks,
Marco.