tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "mike jackson" <mjack...@cdi-hq.com>
Subject RE: [OT] Oracle Connection Problem Due To Dynamic Port Numbers
Date Thu, 29 May 2003 00:54:33 GMT
Oracle listens on one port.  It then tells you to connect to another and
that's where it actually does the work from.  Also, if you're running
through a NAT or a proxy you're not going to be able to talk to Oracle
through it unless you have a SQL*Net proxy built into the NAT box or
proxy (and even then I'm not sure that proxies work anyway).  I'd see if
you can connect using the standard Oracle tools, if you can't get that
setup then you're not going to get JDBC to work.

--mikej
-=------
mike jackson
mjackson@cdi-hq.com