tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Joseph Yang" <ya...@rewardstream.com>
Subject RE: Using customized realms without editing server.xml
Date Wed, 14 May 2003 20:20:03 GMT
If you only want this realm to be used in specific context, do the
following:

Let's call the context as webapps/myApp

1. put a file called myApp.xml together with myApp (folder or .war)

2. inside myApp.xml, put your realm like below
<Context path="/myApp" docBase="myApp" reloadable="true">
      <Realm  className="....." debug="99"/>
</Context>

-----Original Message-----
From: SE [mailto:hadexcorp@ml1.net]
Sent: Wednesday, May 14, 2003 12:42 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Using customized realms without editing server.xml

Hello there,

I am developing a webapp witch needs authentication and uses its own
realm for connecting a relational database. I already know how to
install it and how to configure Tomcat (editing server.xml) but I’m
looking for a way to encapsulate the use of the customized realm by my
webapp completely in the WAR, so it’s configured just when you do a deploy.

Or, at least, I’d like to be able to configure it without touching
server.xml (programmatically, with Ant, …?….)

I searched this in Tomcat docs, in the mail archives, in www, etc, but
all references or articles explains how to edit server.xml, none one
seems to suggest that other methods exists.

BTW, if I edit this file but the realm class is not in the classpath,
Tomcat abruptly shuts down... is this Ok?

I hope this is not a stupid question, and thanks in advance for your
invested time in reading this email.

Regards,