tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Yusuf Ozbek" <y.oz...@iku.edu.tr>
Subject Re: NEWBIE: New Tomcat installation -- no response in browser
Date Tue, 15 May 2001 13:00:58 GMT
Here is the screen dump of a simle JSP run. it seems to me that either a
path is missing or cannot locate some jar files.

Any suggestions? I am running Windows XP with IIS. I tried JBOSS before,
again the same problem. HTTP 500 Error.

Thanks,

Yusuf

type Exception report

message

description The server encountered an internal error () that prevented it
from fulfilling this request.

exception

	at
FilterChain.java:311)
	at
ain.java:206)
	at
va:263)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardValveContext.invokeNext(StandardValveContex
t.java:151)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:562)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:1018)
	at
va:196)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardValveContext.invokeNext(StandardValveContex
t.java:151)
	at
org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase
.java:499)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardValveContext.invokeNext(StandardValveContex
t.java:149)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:562)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:1018)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.invoke(StandardContext.java:2748)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:186
)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardValveContext.invokeNext(StandardValveContex
t.java:151)
	at
java:171)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardValveContext.invokeNext(StandardValveContex
t.java:149)
	at
org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:172
)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardValveContext.invokeNext(StandardValveContex
t.java:149)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:562)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:1018)
	at
:163)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardValveContext.invokeNext(StandardValveContex
t.java:151)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:562)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:1018)
	at org.apache.coyote.tomcat5.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:199)
	at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:630)
	at
ction(Http11Protocol.java:463)
	at
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.TcpWorkerThread.runIt(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:568)
	at
a:631)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:536)

root cause

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
javax.servlet.jsp.PageContext.handlePageException(Ljava/lang/Throwable;)V
	at
org.apache.jsp.jsp2.el.basic_002darithmetic_jsp._jspService(basic_002darithm
etic_jsp.java:157)
	at org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:136)
	at
FilterChain.java:288)

----

Apache Tomcat/5.0