tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Adam Lipscombe" <a...@cobar.fsbusiness.co.uk>
Subject RE: How to alegter thge default logging level
Date Wed, 14 May 2003 14:19:00 GMT
Thanks very much!

I set the CATALINA_OPTS as you describe, but log messages with
Level.FINEST are still not being output in catalina.out. How do the six
tomcat levels map to the JDK 1.4 java.util.logging levels?

Thanks - Adam

-----Original Message-----
From: Tom Lyle [mailto:toml@limehouse.co.uk]
Sent: 14 May 2003 14:55
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: RE: How to alegter thge default logging level

you can set the Tomcat logging using:
set CATALINA_OPTS=-
Dorg.apache.commons.logging.Log=org.apache.commons.logging.impl.SimpleLo
g -
Dorg.apache.commons.logging.simplelog.defaultlog=<mylevel>

the six logging levels (<mylevel>) used by Log are (in order):

trace (the least serious)
debug
info
warn
error
fatal (the most serious)

If you've got tomcat installed as a service you set above two parameters
as
part of the JVM OPtions, which are stored in the registry (on win2000)
under:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\{tomcat service
name}\Parameters

Hope this helps, I asked the same question last week :)

Tom