tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Terje Hopsø <tehos...@online.no>
Subject RE: Database setup?
Date Thu, 29 May 2003 12:04:00 GMT
A correction: the web.xml example is on page 155.

I tried to setup my web.xml according to the page you are refering to but I
get the same error! Do I need to install anything else than what comes with
the standard installation?

- Terje

-----Original Message-----
From: Tim Funk [mailto:funkman@joedog.org]
Sent: 29. mai 2003 13:49
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: Database setup?

http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.1-doc/jndi-datasource-examples-how
to.html

But, the particular error you are currently getting is your web.xml is not
valid with respect to the dtd.

-Tim

Terje Hopsø wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to setup Tomcat according to the book "JavaServer Pages" page
> 157. But all I get when starting up tomcat is errors. I also tried JNDI
but
> that was less understandable so I will first try this simple setup, which
> cant understand why failes.
>
> Anyone got a hint on what I have to to?
>
> I have a standard Tomcat 4.1.18 and JSTL installed.
>
> - Terje
>

> Here is my setup in web.xml:
> -------------------------
>  <context-param>
>   <param-name>
>    javax.servlet.jsp.jstl.sql.DataSource
>   </param-name>
>   <param-value>

jdbc:mysql://db.server.no:3306/myuser,com.mysql.jdbc.Driver,myusername,mypas
> sword
>   </param-value>
>  </context-param>
> -------------------------
> The error when starting tomcat is:
> Starting service Tomcat-Standalone
> Apache Tomcat/4.1.18
> 29.mai.2003 13:28:37 org.apache.commons.digester.Digester error
> SEVERE: Parse Error at line 28 column 11: The content of element type
> "web-app" must match

"(icon?,display-name?,description?,distributable?,context-param*,filter*,fil

ter-mapping*,listener*,servlet*,servlet-mapping*,session-config?,mime-mappin

g*,welcome-file-list?,error-page*,taglib*,resource-env-ref*,resource-ref*,se

curity-constraint*,login-config?,security-role*,env-entry*,ejb-ref*,ejb-loca
> l-ref
> *)".
> org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: The content of element type "web-app" must
> match

"(icon?,display-name?,description?,distributable?,context-param*,filter*,fil

ter-mapping*,listener*,servlet*,servlet-mapping*,session-config?,mime-mappin

g*,welcome-file-list?,error-page*,taglib*,resource-env-ref*,resource-ref*,se

curity-constraint*,login-config?,security-role*,env-entry*,ejb-ref*,ejb-loca
> l-ref*)".
>         at

org.apache.xerces.util.ErrorHandlerWrapper.createSAXParseException(ErrorHand
> lerWrapper.java:232)
>         at

org.apache.xerces.util.ErrorHandlerWrapper.createSAXParseException(ErrorHand
> lerWrapper.java:232)
>         at

org.apache.xerces.util.ErrorHandlerWrapper.error(ErrorHandlerWrapper.java:17
> 3)
>         at

org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLErrorReporter.reportError(XMLErrorReporter.java:37