tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "William Richardson" <willy...@bellsouth.net>
Subject configuration issue
Date Mon, 26 May 2003 01:18:36 GMT
I am still relatively new to the "non-Microsoftian" way of doing things,
so please forgive this question.  I have downloaded tomcat 5 and
extracted the zip file to the hard drive (I am still using Windows BTW).
I have started the server using the 'startup.bat' file and I have tested
it using http://locahost:8080 <http://locahost:8080/>  and everything
works perfectly.  However, when I attempt to access the server from the
internet (not on our LAN here at the house), I am unable to do so.  I
realize that I am more than likely overlooking some tiny configuration
issue probably found somewhere in one of the configuration xml files
somewhere.

If you would.please humor me this one time!  Thanks in advance for the
response.

William D.W. Richardson

willyd82@bellsouth.net
wrchrdsn@memphis.edu