tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Adam Lipscombe" <a...@cobar.fsbusiness.co.uk>
Subject Newbie - unable to set default contexct
Date Tue, 13 May 2003 21:01:06 GMT
Folks,

I have the installed TC 4.1.24 on RedHat 7.2.
All went well - the Tomcat default page comes up fine.

I need to replace the default page with my own stuff however, so I
installed my app ("escapism") in the webapps dir  and edited server.xml
thus:

<!-- Tomcat Root Context -->
<!--
   <Context path="" docBase="escapism" debug="0"/>
-->

I restarted TC but the standard TC home page still is displayed when
accessing "http://localhost:8080/"

My understanding is that this should set the default Tomcat page to
webapps/escapism/index.jsp.
Is this correct? If not how do I do it?

TIA - Adam

---