tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Brian McDonald" <b.mcdon...@ieee.org>
Subject RE: Tomcat 4.1: non-LE or LE
Date Wed, 07 May 2003 16:48:35 GMT
I imagine I don't need connection pooling at this stage of my development. I'm
more concerned - as I've written at the top of this thread - with setting up a
development environment for an end-to-end XML-based JSP application. And even
though I don't /need/ to integrate Tomcat with IIS5 on my W2K machine to develop
this app, it seems like a valuable exercise in and of itself. That said, if it
proves to be too maddening a process - I'll short circuit and go for Tomcat
standalone.

I don't know very much about Java's XML processing capability. But it sounds
like Jacob is stating that I'll be able - at the very least - to use
j2sdk1.4.x's Crimson. But what if I want Xerces? (Why wouldn't I?) Can I add
that capability to j2sdk1.4.x? I realize that these sound like questions for a
J2SE newsgroup... but can someone tell me specifically how choosing Tomcat-LE
will affect me in this regard - i.e., with regard to XML support?

And, Yoav, I would prefer to get the download/install right /before/ I bang my
head against unnecessary problems. That's why I'm posting to Tomcat-Users!
Expert advice and insight! I'm a newbie not a newborn!

Brian