tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Steve Fyfe" <...@cnicorp.com>
Subject Re: Can't run Tomcat index.jsp in 4.1.24
Date Mon, 14 Apr 2003 13:33:58 GMT
Are you running Tomcat on a Windows platform? Did you use the Tomcat
installer? Is Tomcat running as a service?

If yes to all these you may have one of two possible problems. To fix a
system that was installed this way, do the following:
1. Change registry entry for
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Apache Tomcat
4.1\Parameters\JVM Library

from (adjust these paths to your machine and java version)
C:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.4.1_02\bin\client\jvm.dll
C:\j2sdk1.4.1_02\jre\bin\server\jvm.dll

2. Copy tools.jar from your-jsdk\lib\tools.jar to
your-tomcat\common\lib\tools.jar This may not be necessary, but the
installer
does attempt to copy this file so it won't hurt to do the same.

If this does fix the problem, please let the list know.

>>> dh6780@sbc.com Thursday, April 03, 2003 3:18:41 PM >>>
I just installed apache 2.0.43 and tomcat 4.1.24. On the apache side
static
pages and servlets are fine.
>From the Tomcat port I can run a static page from ROOT but not the
default
index.jsp.  I get the following error.

I have in the environment a CLASSPATH and JAVA_HOME.  Are there other
settings I need?  The server.xml is from another machine with the same
directory structure but version 4.1.12 of Tomcat.  The ADMIN and
MANAGER and
index.jsp work fine with it there.

*dale.hamilton@sbc.com