tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Larry Meadors" <Larry.Mead...@plumcreek.com>
Subject RE: tomcat pid
Date Tue, 08 Apr 2003 20:19:59 GMT
Actually, I think 4.1.24 has this built in.

Set CATALINA_PID to the path to the file you want to contain the pid and
run catalina.sh to get it!

Larry

>>> Yoav.Shapira@mpi.com 04/08/03 14:12 PM >>>

Howdy,

-
>to find out the tomcat process id ?

Personally I like grepping ;)  I add a java options like -Dname=tomcat
and then ps -ef | grep java | grep tomcat tends to work.

However, I do recall someone posting a modified catalina.sh which writes
the process ID to a (configurable path) file on startup.  Search the
archives for this.  Or modify Catalina.sh to do it yourself, it's pretty
easy
(cat $$ > /tmp/tomcatpid.txt or something like that).

Yoav Shapira
Millennium ChemInformatics