tomcat-users mailing list archives

From John Turner <tomcat-u...@johnturner.com>
Subject Re: DefaultHost
Date Tue, 29 Apr 2003 12:23:05 GMT

Declaring one as "default" is a way of guaranteeing that Tomcat will answer
all requests even if it receives one that doesn't match a Host element.

This is nothing unusual, it is no different than what Apache does...Apache
has a global ServerName, which serves requests that can't be assigned to
any VirtualHosts.

John