tomcat-users mailing list archives

From John Turner <tomcat-u...@johnturner.com>
Subject Re: Virtual Hosts with apache and Tomcat
Date Tue, 29 Apr 2003 12:21:04 GMT

I think that you should not use ApacheConfig and mod_jk.conf.

There is an example mod_jk.conf file linked at my site...I would use that
as a template for manually editing httpd.conf to fit.

All you have to do is set Apache's DocumentRoot correctly for your static
files, and then set your JkMount for the correct URL path.  That URL path
should be equal to a Tomcat Context in server.xml.

I keep my Apache static content in the same place as my webapps, so my
production configurations won't help you, but I can tell you that the only
thing that would be different for you is the DocumentRoot directive in
httpd.conf.

HTH

John