tomcat-users mailing list archives

From John Turner <tomcat-u...@johnturner.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat 4.1, Standalone, Port 80, Coyote
Date Mon, 14 Apr 2003 19:04:05 GMT

Yes, it is specific to Red Hat, though other distributions use package
management tools as well.

Regarding the avoidance of RPMs, this is a personal choice for the
administrator.  All due respect to RPM maintainers, but I try to avoid them
where possible.  I don't like other people deciding for me where things go
on my systems, unless they want their names to be on the 24/7 call list
ahead of mine. :)

RPMs can be pretty good, basically your confusion was increased because we
were not aware that you were using the RPM.  We probably could have saved
you a couple of rounds of email if we had known, as questions about the RPM
come up often.

John