tomcat-users mailing list archives

From John Turner <tomcat-u...@johnturner.com>
Subject Re: [OFF TOPIC] ServletOutputstream Issue
Date Mon, 14 Apr 2003 18:18:54 GMT

On a side note, depending on the complexity of the Excel file you are
trying to generate, you can do it without any external applications or
libraries whatsoever.

Excel renders HTML just fine as columns and rows.  Thus, for a simple one
sheet "Excel file", all you have to do is generate an HTML table with the
appropriate content type.

John