tomcat-users mailing list archives

From John Turner <tomcat-u...@johnturner.com>
Subject Re: Help!
Date Mon, 14 Apr 2003 12:29:32 GMT

First, Tomcat by default does not use port 80, thus there is no "port
clash" with IIS unless the default Tomcat configuration was changed after
installing.

Since you are reporting that Tomcat conflicted with IIS, I can only surmise
that 1) you changed the default configuration in server.xml and this is
causing your problems, or 2) there really wasn't a conflict with IIS.

In any case, if you avoid startup.bat and instead use:

catalina.bat start

you should be able to see more error messages in the console window.  Also,
always check the catalina.out log file in Tomcat's logs directory.

John