tomcat-users mailing list archives

From John Turner <tomcat-u...@johnturner.com>
Subject Re: error configuring with apache
Date Mon, 14 Apr 2003 12:26:19 GMT

This doesn't really apply for Red Hat Apache 2.0.40 installed from RPM and
updated.  Red Hat backports all Apache fixes into their version of Apache
without rolling up the version number.  Thus, a current RH Apache .40 is an
Apache Project HTTP Server .40 with all fixes through .44 or .45.

The problem with that is that 1) you have to wait for Red Hat to do the
backports to get the fixes, and 2) you have to trust that they did the
backports correctly, especially in the case of security fixes.

John

On Mon, 14 Apr 2003 08:39:20 +1000, Kwong Chong <ykchong@telstra.com>
wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> I know this is off topic, but you really do want to upgrade to apache
> 2.0.45 ... there is a well publicised vulnerability with apache2 pre
> 2.0.45.
>
> Kwong.

My