tomcat-users mailing list archives

From John Turner <tomcat-u...@johnturner.com>
Subject Re: error configuring with apache
Date Mon, 14 Apr 2003 11:59:27 GMT

If you want to stick with Red Hat's Apache, you will need to build mod_jk
from source.  It's trivial, provided everything else is setup (GNU build
environment, etc).

There are instructions for building it from source in my Solaris HOWTO at
http://www.johnturner.com/howto.  The steps are identical even though the
HOWTO is for Solaris.

A significant number of people don't use Red Hat's Apache even though they
use Red Hat.  That is why you are not finding binaries for Red Hat's .40.

John

On 11 Apr 2003 17:37:52 -0700, Kevin Williams <kwilliams@tarity.com> wrote:

> Thank you for the links Frank.  I followed the links and they took me
> back to the same mod_jk.so binaries for version 42 and 43.  The
> mod_jk.so I need is for version httpd version 2.0.40.
>
> I would think these files would be all over the place (a mod_jk.so for
> every apache version out there), do most people just download the source
> code and compile from source?  If I were to do this for the
> mod_jk.so-2.0.42 source, would it work with Apache 2.0.40?  Am I just
> missing something obvious?  I remember this being exremely easy a couple
> years ago...
>
> Once again, thanks for the help in advance!
>

> EXTREMELY frustrated,
>
> Kevin
>

> On Fri, 2003-04-11 at 16:29, Frank Garber wrote:
>> Kevin,
>>
>> Here's the JK docy page:
>> http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.1-doc/jk2/index.html
>>
>> Downloads are here:
>> http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.1-
>> doc/jk2/jk/aphowto.html#Obtaining%20mod_jk
>>
>> Good luck,
>>
>> Frank
>>
>> --- Kevin Williams <kwilliams@tarity.com> wrote:
>> > Thanks again Tim,
>> > (and Redhat's auto-update functionality is nice), I would like to
>> remain
>> > on http 2.0.40 RPM.  Regretfully, this RPM does not come with mod_jk,
>> or
>> > mod_jk2.  Does anyone know where I can find a compatable module?  I've
>> > tried the mod_jk-2.0.42 and mod_jk-2.0.43 versions (obviously newer
>> than
>> > my 2.0.40 apache RPM version).  I haven't been able to find any other
>> > mod_jk.so modules on the tomcat site...
>> the
>> > same > > version. So if you upgrade apache in the future you also need

>> to recompile > > the binaries.
>> have

>> that
>> following