tomcat-users mailing list archives

From John Turner <tomcat-u...@johnturner.com>
Subject Re: SSL and Apache!!!!!!
Date Tue, 08 Apr 2003 12:31:37 GMT

Some of us are tired of people demanding answers to off-topic questions.

I suggest that you need to think about what it is you want to accomplish,
then state that goal clearly to those of us who may still be willing to
help you.

Is your goal:

- to use Apache + a connector + Tomcat with SSL communication?

- to use Tomcat with SSL?

Which one you choose makes a difference.  If the first, then you do not set
SSL up on Tomcat, you set it up on Apache, as the connectors do not "speak"
SSL to Tomcat.  Documentation for Apache SSL is readily available if you
choose to look for it.  Like the Apache docs at apache.org, or even
http://www.modssl.org, depending on your Apache version.

If the second, what you need to do is be a little more forthcoming with
information like error messages, etc.  Saying "I did most of the stuff"
means nothing, and does nothing to encourage anyone to help you.  If,
however, you choose to explain in clear terms which "most" you did and
which "less" you didn't, and exactly what error messages you are getting,
etc. maybe someone will help you.  Keep in mind that your problem may not
be Tomcat related at all.

John