tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Paul Lembo <paul_le...@harvard.edu>
Subject enabling SSL is a wrecking ball
Date Thu, 24 Apr 2003 14:56:59 GMT
Greetings,

I am new to this list and first want to thank everyone for the help that
the archive has given already. Its a great resource. I've hit a real
stumbling block now and am requesting help.

I'm running 4.1.24 on RH 7.3 Linux to share out a calendaring program
called Meeting Maker. Currently I'm using Tomcat to enable people to
synchronize their Palms to their calendar on port 8080. That is working
great and has no issues.

However, when I uncomment out the SSL enabling section of my server.xml
file Palm sync on 8080 fails and SSL doesn't work either.

Here is my sever.xml config snippet -

    <!-- Define a SSL Coyote HTTP/1.1 Connector on port 443 -->

               enableLookups="true"
               acceptCount="100" debug="2" scheme="https" secure="true"
               useURIValidationHack="false" disableUploadTimeout="true">
      <Factory
className="org.apache.coyote.tomcat4.CoyoteServerSocketFactory"
               clientAuth="false" protocol="TLS" />
    </Connector>

I restart

[root@timewarp init.d]# ./tomcat start
Starting tomcat engine: Using CATALINA_BASE:   /usr/local/tomcat
Using CATALINA_HOME:   /usr/local/tomcat
Using CATALINA_TMPDIR: /usr/local/tomcat/temp
Using JAVA_HOME:       /usr/java
done.

Everything dies. I stop tomcat and see these errors -

[root@timewarp init.d]# ./tomcat stop
Using CATALINA_BASE:   /usr/local/tomcat
Using CATALINA_HOME:   /usr/local/tomcat
Using CATALINA_TMPDIR: /usr/local/tomcat/temp
Using JAVA_HOME:       /usr/java
Catalina.stop: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused
        at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.doConnect(PlainSocketImpl.java:305)
        at
java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(PlainSocketImpl.java:171)
        at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connect(PlainSocketImpl.java:158)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.stop(Catalina.java:581)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.execute(Catalina.java:402)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.process(Catalina.java:180)
        at
        at
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:203)

Any help or ideas are appreciated! Thanks in advance.

--
-Paul