tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Kwong Chong <ykch...@telstra.com>
Subject RE: error configuring with apache
Date Sun, 13 Apr 2003 22:39:20 GMT
Hi there,

I know this is off topic, but you really do want to upgrade to apache
2.0.45 ... there is a well publicised vulnerability with apache2 pre 2.0.45.

Kwong.

-----Original Message-----
From: Kevin Williams [mailto:kwilliams@tarity.com]
Sent: Saturday, 12 April 2003 9:05
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: error configuring with apache

Thanks again Tim,

Being an individual that likes to simply install and run with things
(and Redhat's auto-update functionality is nice), I would like to remain
on http 2.0.40 RPM.  Regretfully, this RPM does not come with mod_jk, or
mod_jk2.  Does anyone know where I can find a compatable module?  I've
tried the mod_jk-2.0.42 and mod_jk-2.0.43 versions (obviously newer than
my 2.0.40 apache RPM version).  I haven't been able to find any other
mod_jk.so modules on the tomcat site...

Thanks,

Kevin Williams

On Fri, 2003-04-11 at 15:15, Tim Funk wrote:
> I am pretty sure that apache2 modules and the apache2 binary must be
the same
> version. So if you upgrade apache in the future you also need to
recompile
> the binaries.
>
> -Tim
>
> Kevin Williams wrote:
> > Ok,
> >
> > For the sake of simplicity, I have decided to use mod_jk.  I have
> > configured Tomcat and restarted it successfully with the conf file that
> > is included in httpd.conf.  When I restart Apache, I get the following
> > error,
> >
> > "httpd failed. The error was: Stopping httpd: [FAILED]
> > Starting httpd: httpd: module "mod_jk.c" is not compatible with this
> > version of Apache.
> > Please contact the vendor for the correct version.
> > [FAILED]"
> >
> > I am running apache 2.0.40-8  (Redhat 8.0 rpm install) and am using the
> > mod_jk-2.0.43.so connector.  Do I need a different mod_jk.so file?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Kevin Williams
> >

> > On Thu, 2003-04-10 at 21:10, Bill Barker wrote:
> >
> >>The auto-generated mod_jk.conf is for use with mod_jk (v1.x for the
pedantic
> >>:).  It doesn't work (and should throw errors) if using mod_jk2.
Jk2 has a
> >>CLI auto-config (o.a.jk.conf.WebXml2Jk), but I've never used it
myself.  At
> >>the moment, the low-pain route is to use mod_jk with ApacheConfig.
> >>
> >>Note on the previous post:  mod_webapp forwards all requests to your
context
> >>to Tomcat (Jk equivalent: JkMount /myapp/* ajp13) , so it doesn't
match your
> >>needs (without restructuring your web-app).
> >>
> >>"Kevin Williams" <kewilliams@dreamhousefund.com> wrote in message

> >>years

> >>it

> >>/etc/tomcat4/auto/mod_jk.conf: