tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Bill Barker" <>
Subject Re: HELP:Tagpool sharing problems
Date Tue, 29 Apr 2003 05:29:36 GMT
In $CATALINA_HOME/conf/web.xml, locate the <servlet-name>jsp</servlet-name>
servlet, and add:

This will turn off tag-pooling.  You'll also need to clear out
$CATALINA_HOME/work so that the JSP pages get re-compiled.

If you just want it turned off for one context, then you can place the
definition of the jsp servlet in your own web.xml.

If you are using:
then you also need to add the enablePooling init-param to your servlet's

"Sonya Ling" <> wrote in message
> I have a couple of tags that use the same tag class with different
> attributeValueName like the followings.
> <lists:operationalAttributeValueList listName="conditionSelectBox"
> allowNull="true" activeStatus="1" attributeValueName="CONDITION" />
> <lists:operationalAttributeValueList listName="curencySelectBox"
> allowNull="true" activeStatus="1" attributeValueName="CURRENCY" />
> Those tags supposed to populate lists of values based upon
> attributeValueName.
> It turns out all tags using the same tage class are populated with exact
> same list : currency list (the last tag).   I checked the java code
> generated and found out all those tag objects share one
> TagHandlerPool and using the same tag class to retrieve the object, set
> value again, again like the following.
> private org.apache.jasper.runtime.TagHandlerPool
> listName_attributeValueName_allowNull_activeStatus;
> .tagext.lists.OperationalAttributeValueList.class);
> ationalAttributeValueList_0);
> Is any way that I can choose not to use tag pool or any way to workaround
> this problem.  I don't want to create one tag class for each attribute.
> Thanks.
> Sonya

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: