tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Bill Barker" <wbar...@wilshire.com>
Subject Re: jk load balancing not working properly
Date Thu, 24 Apr 2003 08:28:12 GMT
That is probably the most likely cause of user-error.

AFAIK, the lb info isn't written to the score-board currently with Jk2, so
the "pre-fork" MPM fails horribly since none of the workers know what the
others have done.  For example, with two Tomcats each configured for 50%,
I'd expect at least 75% of the requests to go to the first one.

"Ralph Einfeldt" <ralph.einfeldt@uptime-isc.de> wrote in message
According to http://www.ubeans.com/tomcat/
loadbalancing works with mod_jk.

This problem has been reported several times.

This type of trouble is typically caused by not
setting the jvmRoute to an unique value for each
tomcat. AFAIK none of those who reported this
problem and have been given this hint has
reported that the problem is still there. (Many
have reported that the problem is gone, some
didn't report anything)