tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Bill Barker" <wbar...@wilshire.com>
Subject Re: Error: "No getter method for property . . ."
Date Wed, 16 Apr 2003 06:33:15 GMT
If the getters and setters don't match in types, then you can get this sort
of error (and, this is the behavior specified in the JSP spec).  As Tim
suggested, I'd take this up on the struts-users list.

"Chris Wagner" <chris2500@accountant.com> wrote in message
> Hi. I'm working on a High School project in which I doing some web
development using Java, Tomcat, and Struts (among other things). I've been
encountering a number of problems lately, and here's the worst one right
now:

> org.apache.jasper.JasperException: No getter method for property firstName
of bean org.apache.struts.taglib.html.BEAN
> . . .
>
> Now, I've checked and rechecked about a dozen times, and I can't find
anything wrong in the JSP file, the ActionForm, or Struts-config.xml. This
used to work, too. What could cause this? Anyone have any ideas? Thanks in
advance.