tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Costin Manolache <cmanola...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: mod_jk2 order in ap_hook_translate_name
Date Fri, 11 Apr 2003 05:26:48 GMT
Keith Brady wrote:

> I've been trying to do some complicated stuff with mod_rewrite before
> handing content off to mod_jk2 and thence to Tomcat.
>
> Unfortunately, mod_jk2 adds itself to ap_hook_translate_name using the
> option APR_HOOK_FIRST which puts it first on the list. This means that
> it will pick up anything that matches one of its maps before mod_rewrite
> sees them and that I can't use [PT] in mod_rewrite to pass content off
> to mod_jk2.
>
> Changing the source to APR_HOOK_LAST does the right thing but it seems
> wrong to me to have to do this.
>
> Is there a better way to achieve the same result?

I think you could try to use <Location>JkUriSet </Location> for mappings,
instead of workers.properties.

This way translate() will not do the mapping.

I don't remember how it ended up as HOOK_FIRST - I looked in cvs history
and it seems that's how it was in the first checkin ( Dec 1, 2001... ).
At one point Mladen changed it to HOOK_MIDDLE - but it caused some
problems and got reverted shortly after. ( at least from the cvs comments ).

Costin