tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Bill Barker" <wbar...@wilshire.com>
Subject Re: error configuring with apache
Date Fri, 11 Apr 2003 04:10:35 GMT
The auto-generated mod_jk.conf is for use with mod_jk (v1.x for the pedantic
:).  It doesn't work (and should throw errors) if using mod_jk2.  Jk2 has a
CLI auto-config (o.a.jk.conf.WebXml2Jk), but I've never used it myself.  At
the moment, the low-pain route is to use mod_jk with ApacheConfig.

Note on the previous post:  mod_webapp forwards all requests to your context
to Tomcat (Jk equivalent: JkMount /myapp/* ajp13) , so it doesn't match your
needs (without restructuring your web-app).

"Kevin Williams" <kewilliams@dreamhousefund.com> wrote in message
> Thanks for the advice Tim,
>
> I now have another issue (I remember this being so easy to do a couple
years
> ago...)
>
> I am now using the mod_jk2 component.  I have installed with Tomcat (and
it
> looks successful since the mod_jk.conf file generated automatically and
> tomcat ran through port 8080).
>
> I am still getting a funky error with Apache though when I run the
> configtest on it: "Syntax error on line 4 of
/etc/tomcat4/auto/mod_jk.conf: